Saturday, November 6, 2010

To market to market to buy a fat pig...

















Autumn is my favorite time of year.
You can't beat an Autumn in Ireland, but San Francisco comes pretty close.
The sun keeps shining but there is a distinct chill in the air that only comes at this time of year.
Apart from the obvious foliage that comes with the change in the season we can't forget the most important thing that Fall brings, and that great produce.
Strolling through my local farmers market recently I was inspired by the beautiful array of fruit and vegetable. I'll admit I could recognise a lot of it and have no idea what to do with a purple cauliflower but its fun finding out.
I had just made a chicken stock and wanted to use it wisely so everything I bought was intended for a big stew, and since my Mammy is miles away I was going to have to make it myself.

Enjoy this season while it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment