Sunday, June 6, 2010

Everything but the oink!!!!




One Markets weekly beast is a fantastic way to experience the Michelin star restaurants cuisine without paying the a la cart prices. They offer a five course tasting menu for a modest $49, with wine pairing it's $69.

Our weekly beast was a suckling pig. There is only one thing tastier then a pig, and that's a baby pig.
For me the first and last course were the highlight of the meal, which I suppose is the best way to have it. Thee pig head and foie gras croquette was almost sinful. The meat was rich in flavor and the foie gras velvety in texture, a combination that makes for damn good eatin'.

The 3 courses to follow were lovely in their own right, but my favorite was the grand finale, bacon and waffles. A breakfast that seems to drive Americans wild and I can now see why. A soft mini waffle,maple butter and caramelized bacon, heaven. This is my kind of fine dining. When the chef takes something that people are familiar with and puts their own creative spin on it. Dishes like these transport you back to particular moments in your life. Food memories are my favorite kind of memories.

I always shied away from tasting menu's. The reason being I feel the customer doesn't always get the same standard and care that customers ordering off the a la cart menu get. This is just my personal experience from kitchens I have worked in. However this was not the case here.
I'm delighted I stumbled across One Markets "Weekly Beast" and will be keeping my eyes open for the upcoming animals to tantalize my taste buds. I highly recommend you check it out, and make life easier on yourself and go for the wine pairing. They are Californian wines which suites me because I'm a new world wine kinda gal.

I would like to take a moment and give honorable mention to the salted caramel petit fours. Ever since this night I have stormed SF candy stores for something similar but nothing could hold a candle to these salty golden nuggets of greatness. Alas, the search continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment