Friday, May 28, 2010

groupon.com

Check out www.groupon.com/
It's a great free website that sends you an email with their daily deals.
It is usually for restaurants and food vendors in the city but it does cover hotels,spa treatments ,yoga classes etc.
Unlike other similar companies you don't have to pay for the coupons and they usually don't have to be used straight away. Most deals are discounted 50% or more. The terms and conditions are in black and white and very straight forward.

It's well worth signing up. I'm saving my coupons for when I'm short on cash but want to treat myself to dinner out. Also it's a great way to try out restaurants you might never have known existed.

Recently Groupon.com sold a coupon for afternoon tea for two in the Fairmont hotel for $36, a steal (ttp://www.fairmont.com/sanfrancisco/). Unfortunately I missed out but I will not make the same mistake again. They sold out at over 3000 coupons early in the day.

So keep your eyes peeled and your credit card to hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment