Friday, May 21, 2010

Growing up in Ireland and in a household where my Mum always had a home cooked meals for us was something I was very fortunate to have growing up.
It taught me that food didn't have to be complicated nor did you have to spend your whole night cooking to produce a good meal.
The greatest gift my Mum gave to me and my siblings was that she showed us how to cook from a young age,An invaluable life lesson that can be passed on not only through generations but to the people close to you too.

My career and my travels have brought me to many different countries to experience different cultures and cuisines.
Since finishing my studies in Professional cookery in Ireland I have traveled to Oz where I work in the snowy mountains, Tuscany where I worked as a Personal chef, and Tahoe, California where I worked as a baker. Now I find myself in one of thee best cities in the world for food, San Francisco.
This city and the great quality and diversity of cuisines has reignited my passion for food, and was the inspiration behind this blog.
This blog is for everyone who loves food, so we can share recipes, food stories, tips on where to get the best burrito, great spots for mid week dining, which farmers market to check out, review restaurants, the list goes on....

Commonly said in the Emerald Isle a pig is a Pretty Irish girl, most commonly said by kids under 10 but how and ever. And I think a pigs association with food needs no explanation.

Buon Appetito!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment